Get advice on a range of immigration issues from Angus Citizens Advice Bureau. We’re here to offer free, impartial and confidential advice when you need it most.

Our CAB advisers are trained to advise on some immigration issues*. If you have a complex case we will refer you to a specialist, like an immigration lawyer.

Depending on your circumstances, we can help you with issues like:

  • Applying for Settled and Pre-Settled Status - for EU/EEA and Swiss nationals who want to stay after the UK leaves the EU
  • Visas – types of visas and what to do when your visa is about to run out
  • British citizenship – identifying if you have it or how to apply for it
  • Claiming benefits  - identifying if you’re eligible and helping you apply
  • Working in the UK – identifying if you’re allowed to work and helping you access local support to find a job
  • Discrimination  - helping you take action if you’ve been discriminated against
  • Your rights after you’ve been granted refugee status or another exceptional leave to remain
  • Legal aid – identifying if you’re eligible and how to get it
  • Getting treatment on the NHS 


We’ll refer you to specialist help if you’re:

  • Applying for asylum as a refugee from outside the UK 
  • A victim of trafficking  - if you’ve been brought to the UK against your will
  • Facing deportation – if you’re in the UK illegally 
  • Applying to stay in the UK because you’ve experienced domestic abuse
  • Staying in the UK if you’re divorced or separated from your partner 


*CAB advisers are accredited by the OISC (Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner) to give immigration advice at Level 1. If your situation is complex, the CAB adviser will need to refer you on to someone who is qualified to give advice at OISC level 2 or above.